MT. PLEASANT, MI – Bucks Run Golf Club is excited to announce the celebration of its 20th Anniversary on July 1, 2020. To celebrate the milestone, the facility will be hosting a public 5-day celebration featuring golf rate specials, steak dinner specials, and raffles for golfers who visit during the anniversary event, on July 1-5, 2020.
Bucks Run Golf Club, which is a member of the family-owned group of construction companies, known as the Fisher Companies, got its start on the site of an old gravel mining operation. After the property had been mined and then sat vacant for most of the 1990’s, the decision was made to turn the sprawling land into a premier golf course. Avid fans of outdoor recreation, the three Fisher Brothers, Arthur J., James O., and Ralph J. Fisher, Jr., began construction on the course in 1999. It is believed that this was the last construction project the brothers collectively worked-on together.
The Jerry Matthew’s designed course is known for its 18 memorable holes, which are spread across natural wetlands, wooded areas, river frontage, and picturesque lakes. Bucks Run Golf Club also features an 18,000 square foot clubhouse, which houses The Quarry Grill Restaurant, a large banquet facility, and an award-winning golf shop. Through the years, the course has received numerous awards, including being one of Golf Digest’s Top 50 Golf Courses in the Nation.
“This marks an incredibly exciting time for Bucks Run, as we look back at our many successes and great memories over the past 20 years. Our first golfers hit the links on July 1, 2000, and it has been a privilege to serve the same faces – plus, many new ones – ever since that opening day” states Vice President, Jeff Sweet, who has been at Bucks Run Golf Club from the start.
The Shareholders and Staff of Bucks Run Golf Club invite old friends, as well as new, to celebrate during the week of the Fourth of July. From July 1st – 5th, the facility will be offering the following specials:
- Golf Special: $20 off 18 holes of golf, with a cart, until 3PM*
- Quarry Grill Dinner Special: Steak Diane - A 10oz. pan-seared strip loin, with morel cognac mushroom sauce. Served with a house salad, scalloped potato wedge, and a medley of asparagus, sugar peas, and baby carrots. Available after 5PM for only $21.00
- Quarry Grill Featured Drink: McCarthy Manhattan - A special blend of whiskey, cherry juice and sweet vermouth, served on the rocks
Bucks Run will also be holding a special raffle for those who golf during the celebration. By simply playing the course, golfers will have the opportunity to enter into a raffle for the chance to win the following package:
- $20 off an 18 hole round of golf, once a month (for up to four people), for the remainder of the 2020 season. Discount will be taken off the posted rack rate.
- One free lesson from the General Manager and PGA Professional, Jon Conklin
- One free Nine & Dine Package to use any time during the 2020 season
- In total, this raffle package is valued at over $450!
For more information about the Bucks Run Golf Club 20th Anniversary Celebration, please call the Golf Shop at (989) 773-6830. Tee times are required for all golfers planning to play during the anniversary event.
*$20 golf discount is off the standard rack rate before 3PM. Cannot be applied to senior rates, online rates, packages, or already discounted rounds.